Resources for anyone interested in learning Elixir

I sent some resources on learning Elixir to someone today and wanted to repost them here in case anyone else is interested in learning.

If anyone has additional tips, leave a comment below. I’m still learning. :slight_smile:

Tip: use Elixir Forum’s discount code (elixirforum) for large discounts on PragProg, Pragmatic Studio, Manning, and other online stores. Also check out their regular giveaways.

Learning Elixir

So far, the two best resources I’ve used for the basics are:

Other resources:

Alchemist Camp has good Elixir/Phoenix videos.

Elixir School is also worth checking out.

This YouTube playlist was helpful for me for understanding how the fault-tolerance works.

Learning Phoenix (Web Framework)

If you use the code elixirforum on Pragmatic Bookshelf, the ebooks drop down to about $15 each. They publish a lot of Elixir books.

Programming Phoenix 1.4 is good. I also have Functional Web Development with Elixir, OTP, and Phoenix and Real-Time Phoenix but haven’t finished them yet.

There are many short Phoenix tutorials online like:

The following two video course links expect that you already know another programming language and have probably gone through the basic syntax of Elixir (the official guide is probably enough).

• Elixir for Programmers was good.
  • I’m almost done with the first of a 3-course Elixir bundle from Pragmatic Studio. They are a bit expensive, but the first course was worth it so far. (Use the elixirforum discount – I got their three Elixir courses for $119 during the holiday sale.)
1 Like