I currently use Org Mode for note taking, but I’ve been wondering about switching to a similar system that uses a collection of custom scripts and command line tools.
Has anyone tried these tools or know of other similar ones??
- To-do lists: Taskbook or Taskwarrior
- Notes: vim + markdown
- Capture templates for notes: bash aliases or simple scripts to create dynamic filenames
- Table editing: there is a table plugin for Vim
- Calendar: something like calcurse or gcalcli
- Export to any format: pandoc
Edit: there is a discussion about calendars at the link below: