In order to make the process of asking and answering questions more efficient and helpful, here are a few guidelines on asking questions that get useful answers.
To ask a programming question in this community, post the question in the #programming-questions section of this forum and a bot will notify people that there is a new question.
Please include as much of the following information in your post as possible:
- what did you expect to see?
- what did you actually see?
- the full error message
- what have you tried so far?
- the relevant code, if it’s short enough to fit in a forum post
- and/or a link to the up-to-date Git repo so that people can try running your code, if necessary
For more tips on how to ask programming questions, check out the following pages:
- How to ask good questions
- Stack Overflow’s guide to asking programming questions
- How to be great at asking coding questions
- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Knowing how to ask good questions is one of the most important skills in programming!
If anyone has additional tips, post a comment below.