CS50 Puzzle Day 2018

I am on Harvard’s CS50 (MOC edx programming class) mailing list. Every year they host a puzzle day. This year’s is this weekend (starts today, Friday). Would anyone be interested in working on it on Saturday? I have never done it before so I am not sure what to expect, but apparently these are logic based puzzles, not programming per se.

Here is the info from the email I got:

Hi all,

Hope this finds everyone well! Just a few announcements from CS50!

1. You are cordially invited to participate in the third-annual CS50x Puzzle Day , a weekend of puzzles and problem-solving with classmates and friends. Starts Friday, 9 March 2018. Ends Monday, 12 March 2018. Team of size 2 or more encouraged but not required. You can collaborate with your team in person or online. Or you can participate on your own. Event itself is online. For more details and to register, see Register for CS50x Puzzle Day 2018! And see CS50x Puzzle Day 2017 around the World | by CS50 | Medium for puzzles past!
  2. If you or someone you know might like to teach CS50 (or CS50 AP) at your own high school or university, please feel welcome to join us for one of CS50’s Educator Workshops this summer in Arkansas on June 5 – 7, or in Cambridge at Harvard, June 22 – 24. Tuition waivers available for those who would otherwise be unable to attend.
  3. If you or someone you know might like to learn more about technology in business or beyond, please feel welcome to register (for free) for CS50’s Computer Science for Business Professionals or CS50’s Understanding Technology, both of which are now available on edX.
  4. If you might like to offer a one- or two-day version of CS50 on site at your company or offer your team customized content online, do feel welcome to reach out via [email protected]. Happy to brainstorm possibilities.

Hope to see you (online!) next weekend for CS50x Puzzle Day!

djm

David J. Malan
[email protected]

1 Like