Recommended tech talks?

I thought it might be interesting to compile a list of interesting tech talks. Are there any talks you’ve seen that you would recommend? Or any tech talks that you want to watch?

In the meantime, if you’re looking for something to watch, here are a few ideas for places to look:

1 Like

Some of these may be well known, but here are a few I’ve enjoyed and watched more than once. (I may add more as I think of them.)

Making Things With Maths by Steven Wittens
Statistics for Hackers by Jake Vanderplas
The Future of Microprocessors by Sophie Wilson

1 Like

I haven’t watched them, but all the SFHTML5 presentations are listed here. Tonight’s talk will be uploaded later. (Apache OpenWhisk – it looks like software for self-hosted “serverless” cloud functions)

1 Like

These are on my Watch Later playlist:

1 Like

Personally, I just wrote my own talks while down in San Diego. That’s me in the two right-most rectangles.

Developing your own talks is a good way of practicing the elevator-pitch proposal style seen when wooing investors. You need to describe in a concise fashion what’s to be discussed usually in problem/solution/detail format.

1 Like

This is a nice general audience talk on the use of Python in the sciences. All the astronomy fun facts given in the first 13-14 minutes are especially cool.

1 Like